|Outlaw Late Model|
*THE INTENT AND INTERPRETATION OF THE RULES WILL BE THE DECISION OF OFFICIALS IN CHARGE. IT IS STRONGLY RECOMMENDED THAT ANY COMPETITOR THAT HAS ANY QUESTIONS OR DOUBT ABOUT THE INTERPRETATION OR INTENT OF THE RULES CHECK WITH SPEEDWAY OFFICIALS. ALL DECISIONS OF THE OFFICIAL IN CHARGE SHALL BE FINAL.
CARS LEGAL FOR DIVISION
Any 4 cylinder, 2 or 4 door (4 passenger) sedan, or station wagon foreign or domestic - between 90" and 105" wheel base.
FUEL CELL - Fuel cell REQUIRED. Must be mounted securely with 10" (ten inch) ground clearance. ALL CARS will have a fire wall between driver and fuel cell.
ENGINE AND DRIVE TRAIN
1. Engine must be factory stock for make and model of car in stock position. 100 lb. penalty for engine not stock for make of car. Must be claimed in advance or will be illegal.
2. 2000 lb. minimum after race. Weight may be added for infractions.
3. Engine can be bored max. .080 and piston may come above deck no more than .020.
4. Engine can be balanced.
5. Ford may run aluminum head with 50lb weight penalty.
6. Anything can be done to stock rods (new bolts, stress relieved and ground on to be balanced.)
7. No lightening or knife edging cranks (can be balanced).
8. May use pollution head. Remove hump in head only on exhaust side. Intake side may be ported out to 1.310 (+ or - .010)
9. Stock intake or Offenhauser optional. May run maximum of 2" from intake to carburetor.
10. Valves optional. No roller cams or rockers.
11. Exhaust headers optional.
12. Fly wheels may be lightened to a minimum of 12 lbs. (will weigh flywheel only) (no aluminum fly wheels or pressure plates) Stock clutch and pressure plates.
13. Stock transmission and rear ends. (Locked rear ends optional)
14. Carburetor stock 350 CFM (7448) Holley Carburetor. Must fit gauges. May remove choke plate. No cold air boxes.
15. Battery can be located behind driver but must be covered if run there. Must be self starting.
BODY AND APPEARANCE
1. Full stock body. May make fenders, hood and doors out of Aluminum or steel. After market nose pieces MUST be stock appearing. NO Camaro’s or Firebirds. Aftermarket body 100lb penalty. No holes in hood for air cleaners. Must check with official before running. Stock, firewall and floor pan (front and rear).
2. Stock size windshield. Side windows no more than 12 inches back on each side.
3. Safe steering shaft.
4. Dash may be made with steel or aluminum. Must reach from one side to the other side.
5. Car must be safe in all ways possible. (See General Rules)
6. Car must have neat appearance
7. Off set Roll Cages - 50 lb. penalty.
WHEEL, TIRES, BRAKES AND SUSPENSION
1. Steel wheels. 7" or 8"
2. TIRE RULE: Track approved tires only.
3. Stock brakes. NO Neal pedals. No aftermarket pedals or master cylinders. No brake adjusters in car
4. Stock suspension required in stock position - may be reinforced. A-frames can be shortened or lengthened to set front-end.
5. Mini Modified type cars will have to run with added weight according to their track rules in order to make competition equal.
6. Weight may be added for minor infractions
7. Sway bar not stock mounted, 25lb penalty.
8. Heim joints on front suspension, 50lb penalty. Heim Joints on rear suspension, 50lb penalty.
CLAIM & PROTEST
All protest will be handled in an orderly manner. Refer to General Rules. You have 10 minutes to protest after the race.
1. $150 to see top end of motor - $150 to see bottom end of motor. $50 to pull intake - $50 to pull clutch and flywheel; or $300 covers whole motor, flywheel and clutch.
If caught cheating $50.00 Fine (1/2 goes to tech man).
THE WINNER FROM THE LAST RACE WILL START ON THE REAR OF THE NEXT RACE UNLESS IT IS A SPECIAL EVENT
Anyone who has won 3 Championships will have to move up to another division.