*THE INTENT AND INTERPRETATION OF THE RULES WILL BE THE DECISION OF OFFICIALS IN CHARGE. IT IS STRONGLY RECOMMENDED THAT ANY COMPETITOR THAT HAS ANY QUESTIONS OR DOUBT ABOUT THE INTERPRETATION OR
INTENT OF THE RULES CHECK WITH SPEEDWAY OFFICIALS. ALL DECISIONS OF THE OFFICIAL IN CHARGE SHALL BE FINAL.
1. Anything not specified in Rules must be stock, in original position, from original manufacturer.
2. American made cars from 106” to 114” wheel base. NO Camaros or Mustangs. May run T-Bird
3. Cars must weigh minimum of 3100 lbs. with driver after race. 52% left side weight max. Weight may be added for minor infractions.
4. 360 cubic inch - NO 400 small blocks.
ENGINE & DRIVE TRAIN
1. Stock stroke max .060 bore.
2. Flat top or dish pistons. Hydraulic camshaft only max. 455 lift on Chevy with 470 on Chrysler. Cam lobe lift on Chevy .300; Ford lobe .300 lift. Stock 1.5 rocker arms. May have screw in studs.
3. HEADS: NO Vortec, 305, double hump or Angle plug, or Center Bolt valve cover heads allowed. Casting # will have to be on Heads. Some casting # for 350 chevy are: (39863336), (333882), (462624), (3932441), (3973487), (3998993), (3973493), 1.500, 1.940 valves on Chevys. NO closed chamber heads on Fords, must run open chamber heads. Stock size on all others. Stock size valve springs for make. No grinding of heads whatsoever. May run stock aluminium intake. NO hi-rise intakes. Headers may be run. May cut center of intake out for 2 barrel. Ford casting Numbers to be announced.
4. Carburetor must be 7448, 350 cfm Holley 2 barrel with choke removed. NO spacers, 1” adapter only. NO cold air boxes. NO tongue type air cleaners.
5. Stock automatic transmission may run remote cooler, stock converter. May run Straight shift transmission with 100 lbs penalty. No Muncie transmissions or aluminum transmissions in Chevys. Fords and Chrys may run aluminum transmissions. Stock type clutch and pressure plate, L-88 flywheel on Chevys. No aluminum flywheels. Must have Blow Proof Bell Housing, cut out on bottom for inspection. No stock Bell Housing. Straight Shift cars need to be inspected before they race.
6. Stock rear end for make, any gear (may change ratio). Mini spools or welded (NO lockers) or limited slips.
7. Battery can be in drivers compartment if covered.
8. Stock ignition must be self starting. NO electric fuel pumps.
9. Engine must be in stock position, POSITIVELY NO engine set back.
1. Stock spindles for year and make of car
2. Stock frame for the year - model car. Frame may be reinforced. NO altering frame. All suspension must remain stock. NO altering of A-Frames
3. Springs may be replaced but must remain in stock location
4. NO Wedge Bolts allowed and NO hidden screw adjusters.
5. Shock must remain stock. NO racing shock such as AFCO, PRO, Bilstein, Carrea. Number must remain on shock or it is illegal. One (1) shock per wheel in stock location.
6. Frame no lower than 6” from ground.
7. NO offset cages.
BODY AND APPEARANCE
1. Windshield may be replaced with Lexan
2. May cut for wheel clearance. Full stock body, door jams, firewall. Floor pan must remain stock. Trunk lid and roof may NOT be hulled. Hoods may be hulled. May cut hole in hood for air cleaner. Dash may be made of steel or aluminum and MUST reach from one side to other.
3. Body must be stock and in stock position on frame. NO lowering, narrowing or chopping.
4. Car must have neat appearance. AFTER MARKET NOSE AND TAIL PIECES MAY BE RUN.
5. Car must be safe in all ways possible (See General Rules). Cars will not run with header panels missing over 1 week.6. Core support will remain stock.
7. May have 4” posts and 3/16 plate on door.
8. Roll cages recommended in driver compartment. OK to add bars under hood or trunk
9. Numbers must be at least 20” tall and non reflective. Must contact Sandra Parker (798-2171) for car number available in your class. NO duplicate numbers. NO Letters
WHEELS, BRAKES & TIRES
1. Steel wheels only 7” or 8”, 3” offset wheels only. Same offset on all 4 wheels.
2. Disc brake on front and drum on rear. NO Neal pedals for brakes. One master cylinder.
3. TIRES: KK704 Track tires.
All protest must be handled in orderly manner. Refer to General Rules. $125 to see top end, $125 to see bottom end. $50 to check cam lift, $50 to pull intake, $25 to check wheels.
For rule information, call Frank Martin 674-0924/674-0367. He has material for posts and parts for all your racing needs.