*THE INTENT AND INTERPRETATION OF THE RULES WILL BE THE DECISION OF OFFICIALS IN CHARGE. IT IS STRONGLY RECOMMENDED THAT ANY COMPETITOR THAT HAS ANY QUESTIONS OR DOUBT ABOUT THE INTERPRETATION OR
INTENT OF THE RULES CHECK WITH SPEEDWAY OFFICIALS. ALL DECISIONS OF THE OFFICIAL IN CHARGE SHALL BE FINAL.
1. Anything not specified in Rules must be stock, in original position, from original manufacturer.
2. American made cars from 106” to 114” wheel base. NO Camaros or Mustangs. May run T-Bird
3. Cars must weigh minimum of 3100 lbs. with driver after race. 52% left side weight max. Weight may be added for minor infractions.
4. 360 cubic inch - NO 400 small blocks.
ENGINE & DRIVE TRAIN
1. No engine larger than 350 CI .060 over OEM blocks only. Must have
casting numbers on block.
2. CRANKSHAFT: OEM crankshafts only with casting numbers on crank. May be balanced. No stroked cranks. May run racing oil pans. MUST HAVE 1" INSPECTION PLUG inside of pan in line with casting numbers on crankshaft.
3. RODS Must be stock. Can put rod bolts in rods, may be polished.
4. PISTONS: Flat-top pistons only (No Dome pistons). May run Keith
Black Piston. TRW and Speed Pro are the only forged piston you
can run (No light weight racing piston).
5. CAM SHAFT: GM products: Max 455 advertised (300 lobe lift)
Ford products: Max. 480 advertised (300 lobe lift)
Chrysler products: Max. 480 advertised (300 lobe left)
Hydraulic camshafts only. Cam lift determined by measuring lift at
the lifter,then multiplying by rocker arm ratio. No solid, or roller cams.
Stamped steel rocker arms. No roller tip rockers.
6. INTAKE: Stock aluminum intake. No hi rise intakes.
Chevys can run intake # 2101
Fords can run 2750 windsor 2181
7. HEADS: NO Vortec, 305, double hump or Angle plug, or Center
Bolt valve cover heads allowed. Casting # will have to be on
Heads. Some casting # for 350 chevy are: (39863336), (333882),
(462624), (3932441), (3973487), (3998993), (3973493),
1.500, 1.940 valves on Chevys. NO closed
chamber heads on Fords, must run open chamber heads.
Stock size on all others. Stock size valve springs for make.
No grinding of heads whatsoever. May run stock aluminium
intake. NO hi-rise intakes. Headers may be run. May cut
center of intake out for 2 barrel. Ford casting Numbers to be
8. Carburetor must be 7448, 350 cfm Holley 2 barrel with choke
removed. NO spacers, 1" adapter only. NO cold air boxes. NO
tongue type air cleaners.
9. Stock automatic transmission may run remote cooler, stock
converter. May run Straight shift transmission with 100 lbs penalty.
No Muncie transmissions or aluminum transmissions in Chevys.
Fords and Chrys may run aluminum transmissions. Stock type clutch
and pressure plate, L-88 fly wheel on chevys. NO ALUMINUM.
Must have Blow Proof Bell Housing, cut out on bottom for inspection.
No stock Bell Housing. Straight Shift cars need to be inspected
before they race. May run hydraulic throwout bearing and pedal.
10. Stock rear end for make, any gear (may change ratio). Mini spools
or welded (NO lockers) or limited slips.
11. Battery can be in drivers compartment if covered.
12. Stock ignition must be self starting. NO electric fuel pumps.
13. Engine must be in stock position, POSITIVELY NO engine set back
1. Stock spindles for year and make of car
2. Stock frame for the year - model car. Frame may be reinforced. NO altering frame. All suspension must remain stock. NO altering of A-Frames
3. Springs may be replaced but must remain in stock location
4. Wedge Bolts allowed in rear and hidden screw adjusters in front.
5. Shock must remain stock. NO racing shock such as AFCO, PRO,
Bilstein, Carrea. Number must remain on shock or it is illegal.
One (1) shock per wheel in stock location.
6. Frame no lower than 6” from ground.
7. NO offset cages.
BODY AND APPEARANCE
1. Windshield may be replaced with Lexan
2. May cut for wheel clearance. Full stock body, door jams, firewall.
Floor pan must remain stock. Trunk lid and roof may NOT be hulled.
Hoods may be hulled. May cut hole in hood for air cleaner. Dash
may be made of steel or aluminum and MUST reach from one side
to other. Doors may be made out of aluminum
3. Body must be stock and in stock position on frame. NO lowering, narrowing or chopping.
4. Car must have neat appearance. AFTER MARKET NOSE AND TAIL PIECES MAY BE RUN.
5. Car must be safe in all ways possible (See General Rules). Cars will not run with header panels missing over 1 week.
6. Core support will remain stock.
7. May have 4” posts and 3/16 plate on door.
8. Roll cages recommended in driver compartment. OK to add bars under hood or trunk
9. Numbers must be at least 20” tall and non reflective. Must contact Sandra Parker (798-2171) for car number available in your class. NO duplicate numbers. NO Letters
WHEELS, BRAKES & TIRES
1. Steel wheels only 7” or 8”, 3” offset wheels only. Same offset on all 4 wheels.
2. Disc brake on front and drum on rear. NO Neal pedals for brakes. One master cylinder.
3. TIRES: Track tires.
Tires must be purchased from Sayre Speedway dealer and must have
Sayre seal stamped on tire
SOAK RULE No Soaking or altering of tire in any manner
allowed. Drivers soaking or altering tires will forfeit all purse and
points for event and all points for year. Driver must also pay a
$1,000 fine prior to racing again. Any illegal tire (decision by track
official) will be confiscated.
All protest must be handled in orderly manner. Refer to General Rules. $125 to see top end, $125 to see bottom end. $50 to check cam lift, $50 to pull intake, $25 to check wheels. $50 to pull inspection plug
For rule information, call Frank Martin 674-0924/674-0367. He has material for posts and parts for all your racing needs.