THE INTENT AND INTERPRETATION OF THE RULES WILL BE THE DECISION OF OFFICIALS IN CHARGE. IT IS STRONGLY RECOMMENDED THAT ANY COMPETITOR THAT HAS ANY QUESTIONS OR DOUBT ABOUT THE INTERPRETATION OR INTENT OF THE RULES CHECK WITH SPEEDWAY OFFICIALS. ALL DECISIONS OF THE OFFICIAL IN CHARGE SHALL BE FINAL.
1. No engine larger than 350 cu in. .060 over OEM Blocks only. Must have casting #’s on block. Engine set back 72” from back of block to center of rear end housing.
2. CRANKSHAFT: OEM crankshafts only with casting numbers on
crank. May be balanced. No stroked cranks. May run racing oil
pans. MUST HAVE 1" Inspection plug inside of pan in line with
casting numbers on crankshaft
3. RODS: Must be stock. Can put rod bolts in rods
4. PISTONS: Flat-top pistons only (no Dome pistons) .060 max. bore. Keith Black, TRW, Speed Pro, (No Light weight racing pistons)
5. HEADS: Cast iron heads only (No vortex, 305, double hump or closed chamber heads. Casting # (39863336), (333882), (462624), (3932441), (3973487), (3998993), (3973493, 1.940 intake valves, 1.500 exhaust valves on all heads Chevy, Ford, Dodge. No grinding or porting on heads. No matching intake.
6. INTAKE Typhoon or Edelbrock 7101 Performer RPM. No matching, grinding or porting on intake.
7. ROCKER ARMS: Roller Rocker arm allowed. 1.5 on Chevy; 1.6 on Ford. Numbers must be on Rocker Arms.
8. CAMSHAFT: Hydraulic cam only. (No roller Cams) 490 lift max.
9. CARBURETOR: 350 2 barrel stock, choke may be removed. No
modified metering block with extra holes. Must check with gauges
at any time before or after race. May change power valve and jets.
The winner every week will swap carburetors with 2nd or 3rd place
cars. Winner will draw to see who is lucky car. That is the
carburetor they will run the next week. 1" adaptor only and
standard carb gaskets. Make sure you crank your car with new
carburetor at track. Once you leave track it is yours.
AIR CLEANER: 4” element paper only, No K & N style air cleaners. No tongue type tops or filtered tops allowed. (Steel top and bottom). Flat
DISTRIBUTOR: HEI stock type ignition. MSD OK to run.
HEADERS may be run.
SUSPENSION and DRIVE TRAIN
1. Stock type ball joints.
2. SHOCKS: Steel shocks only. NO Rebuildable or ADJUSTABLE SHOCKS. The (WB Series) or AFCO (FB Series) only. Buy rule on shocks. May buy front shocks $150 or rear shocks $150. (Front and rear $300)
3. DRIVE SHAFT: Steel only
4. FRAME HEIGHT: 4” at lowest point (Except cross members)
5. REAR END: 9” Ford allowed, Floaters allowed. Mini-spool or full spool only. (No quick changes) No Lockers
6. TRANSMISSION: 3 or 4 speed only, no racing transmission (like Tex, Jerico, Bert, Falcon, Brinnn)
7. FUEL CELL: Must be at least 10” from ground and have at least 2 1” straps around it.
8. CLUTCH: 7 1/4”, 2 or 3 disc type clutches allowed only.
WHEELS, BRAKES AND TIRES
1. 8” Steel Wheels only
2. Tires: KK704 American Racer
Tires must be purchased from Sayre Speedway dealer and must have
Sayre seal stamped on tire.
SOAK RULE No Soaking or altering of tire in any manner
allowed. Drivers soaking or altering tires will forfeit all purse and
points for event and all points for year. Driver must also pay a
$1,000 fine prior to racing again. Any illegal tire (decision by track
official) will be confiscated.
All protest must be handled in an orderly manner. Complete engine
protest $250.00. $50.00 to pull intake, check cam lift and for porting or
polishing. $75.00 to pull oil pan and check for stock rods and lightened
crank shaft. $125.00 to pull head, check for flat-top pistons, bore and
stroke, ported heads, valve size or anything on top end. $50 to pull inspection
plug and see crank, rods and pistons.
Drivers that can run this division will be at track discretion.
1. 2500 lbs after race with driver.
2.. Weight may be added for minor infractions
IF THESE RULES DO NOT STATE YOU CAN DO IT, YOU CANNOT.
This division is based on keeping this class inexpensive like the Street
Stock. Remember - Keep it cheap.
A. 20“ max 16” min. (ground to center of bumpers, front and rear)
B. 6.5 min. (center to center)
C. 52” max. 42” min.
D. Hood 4” max. drop (sides). sealed off from driver’s compartment and max. 3” rake.
E. 42” max.
F. 6” max.
G. 4” min.
H. 19” max., must be same on both sides.
I 112” max. 105” min.
J. 27” max 22” min.
K. 72” max. or not past back of block, right side. Left side may extend forward to cover foot box.
L. 18” max. 12” min. opening, both sides.
M. With level, must have between 1/2” and 2” clearance at rear of roof, 1/2” to 5” at front.
N. 120” max. 106” min.
O. 45” max. 34” min.
P. 5” Spoiler
Q. Interior slope is 4” max. front to rear and flat across. If flat at front half of interior you have used up 50 % of your 4” so from behind driver to rear you may only have 2”. Top of interior must be flush with top of door and quarter panels. An optional escape hatch from driver to passenger door to provide 12” opening allowed.
R. 38” max 28” min.
S. Max. no wider than front frame horns. Min. 24”
T. 66” max. 24 min. no narrower than radiator.
U. 52” max 44” min.
V. 56” max. 41” min.
W. Tires must be widest part of car.
X. 66” max. 53” min. same front to back
Y. All rear bumpers must be constructed of square or round
tubing, no wider than five inches outside of rear frame rails and
similar to drawing. If rear bumper is wider than five inches outside
rear frame rails, it must be capped and bent forward 90 degrees, or
constructed in a loop design.
Shaded area reserved for sponsor decals. MUST DISPLAY ALL DECALS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR ANY CONTINGENCY AWARDS OR POINT FUNDS.
(P) 5” Spoiler