|Outlaw Late Model|
THE INTENT AND INTERPRETATION OF THE RULES WILL BE THE DECISION OF OFFICIALS IN CHARGE. IT IS STRONGLY RECOMMENDED THAT ANY COMPETITOR THAT HAS ANY QUESTIONS OR DOUBT ABOUT THE INTERPRETATION OR INTENT OF THE RULES CHECK WITH SPEEDWAY OFFICIALS. ALL DECISIONS OF THE OFFICIAL IN CHARGE SHALL BE FINAL.
1. No engine larger than 350 cu in. .060 over OEM Blocks only. Must have casting #'s on block. Engine set back 72" from back of block to center of rear end housing.
2. CRANK SHAFT: OEM crankshaft only with casting #s on crankshaft. May be balanced. No stroked cranks.
3. RODS: Must be stock. Can put rod bolts in rods
4. PISTONS: Flat-top pistons only (no Dome pistons) .060 max. bore. Keith Black, TRW, Speed Pro, (No Light weight racing pistons)
5. HEADS: Cast iron heads only (No vortex, 305, double hump or closed chamber heads. Casting # 336, 441, 487, 993, 882, 624, 493. 70cc chamber heads, 1.940 intake valves, 1.500 exhaust valves on all heads Chevy, Ford, Dodge. No grinding or porting on heads. No matching intake.
6. INTAKE No grinding or porting. Typhoon professional products (can be purchased at Barrys Performance)
7. ROCKER ARMS: Stock length push rods, Roller Rocker arm allowed. 1.5 on Chevy; 1.6 on Ford. Numbers must be on Rocker Arms.
8. CAMSHAFT: Hydraulic cam only. Cams to be purchased from Barry's Performance
9. CARBURETOR: 350 2 barrel stock, choke may be removed. No modified metering block with extra holes. Must check with gauges at any time before or after race. May change power valve and jets. Track will have 2 carburetors to choose from. The winner every week will swap carburetors and pick from the 2 boxes. That is the carburetor they will have to run the next week. 1" adaptor only (& standard carb gaskets) Make sure you crank card with other carb at the track. Once you leave the track, it's yours.
AIR CLEANER: 4" element paper only, No K & N style air cleaners. No tongue type tops or filtered tops allowed.(Steel top and bottom). Flat
DISTRIBUTOR: HEI stock type ignition. MSD OK to run.
HEADERS may be run.
SUSPENSION AND DRIVE TRAIN
1. Stock type ball joints.
2. BUSHINGS: In A frames stock rubber bushings only.
3. SHOCKS: Steel shocks only. No rebuildable or adjustable. The WB Series Shock or AFCO (FB Series) only. Buy rule on shock. May buy front shock $150.00 or rear shocks $150.00 (Front and Rear $300.00.)
4. DRIVE SHAFT: Steel only
5. FRAME HEIGHT: 4" at lowest point (Except cross members)
6. REAR END: 9" Ford allowed, Floaters allowed. Mini-spool or full spool only. (No quick changes) No Lockers
7. TRANSMISSION: 3 or 4 speed only, no racing transmission (like Tex, Jerico, Bert, Falcon, Brinnn)
8. FUEL CELL: Must be at least 10" from ground and have at least 2 1" straps around it.
9. CLUTCH: 7 1/4", 2 or 3 disc type clutches allowed only.
WHEELS, BRAKES AND TIRES
1. 8" Steel Wheels only
2. Tires: Track tires
All protest must be handled in an orderly manner. Complete engine protest $250.00. $50.00 to pull intake, check cam lift and for porting or polishing. $75.00 to pull oil pan and check for stock rods and lightened crank shaft. $125.00 to pull head, check for flat-top pistons, bore and stroke, ported heads, valve size or anything on top end.
If caught cheating $200.00 fine and 1 week suspension for car and driver and will start on rear the next time driver or car races. Fine will be paid before car or driver run again. Pay fine when you pay entry fee. $50.00 will go to tech man. Second offense on cheating on engine or carburetor $400.00 fine, $50.00 to tech man plus two weeks suspension.
1. 2500 lbs after race with driver.
2. Weight may be added for minor infractions.
IF THESE RULES DO NOT STATE YOU CAN DO IT. YOU CANNOT.
This division is based on keeping this class inexpensive like the Pure Street. Remember - Keep it cheap.
Barry's Performance will be sponsoring certificates throughout the year for different races. We will have any parts that you may need for your new modified engine or car.
LIMITED MODIFIED BODY DIMENSIONS FOR 2012
A. 20“ max 16" min. (ground to center of bumpers, front and rear)
B. 6.5 min. (center to center)
C. 52" max. 42" min.
D. Hood 4" max. drop (sides). sealed off from driver's compartment and max. 3" rake.
E. 42" max.
F. 6" max.
G. 4" min.
H. 19" max., must be same on both sides.
I 112" max. 105" min.
J. 27" max 22" min.
K. 72" max. or not past back of block, right side. Left side may extend forward to cover foot box.
L. 18" max. 12" min. opening, both sides.
M. With level, must have between 1/2" and 2" clearance at rear of roof, 1/2" to 5" at front.
N. 120" max. 106" min.
O. 45" max. 34" min.
P. 5" Spoiler
Q. Interior slope is 4" max. front to rear and flat across. If flat at front half of interior you have used up 50 % of your 4" so from behind driver to rear you may only have 2". Top of interior must be flush with top of door and quarter panels. An optional escape hatch from driver to passenger door to provide 12" opening allowed.
R. 38" max 28" min.
S. Max. no wider than front frame horns. Min. 24"
T. 66" max. 24 min. no narrower than radiator.
U. 52" max 44" min.
V. 56" max.41" min.
W. Tires must be widest part of car.
X. 66" max. 53" min. same front to back
Y. 8" min. 90 degree angle. Must be solid, attached to deck, extend to quarter panels, securely fastened.
Z. All rear bumpers must be constructed of square or round tubing, no wider than five inches outside of rear frame rails and similar to drawing. If rear bumper is wider than five inches outside rear frame rails, it must be capped and bent forward 90 degrees, or constructed in a loop design.
Shaded area reserved for sponsor decals. MUST DISPLAY ALL DECALS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR ANY CONTINGENCY AWARDS OR POINT FUNDS.