THE INTENT AND INTERPRETATION OF THE RULES WILL BE THE DECISION OF OFFICIALS IN CHARGE. IT IS STRONGLY RECOMMENDED THAT ANY COMPETITOR THAT HAS ANY QUESTIONS OR DOUBT ABOUT THE INTERPRETATION OR INTENT OF THE RULES CHECK WITH SPEEDWAY OFFICIALS. ALL DECISIONS OF THE OFFICIAL IN CHARGE SHALL BE FINAL.
6. TRANSMISSION: 3 or 4 speed only, no racing transmission (like Tex,
1. No engine larger than 350 cu in. .060 over OEM Blocks only. Must
have casting #’s on block. Engine set back 72” from back of block to
center of rear end housing.
2. CRANKSHAFT: OEM crankshafts only with casting numbers on
crank. May be balanced. No stroked cranks. May run racing oil
pans. MUST HAVE 1” Inspection plug inside of pan in line with
casting numbers on crankshaft
3. RODS: Must be stock appearing rods
4. PISTONS: Flat-top pistons only (no Dome pistons) .060 max. bore.
5. HEADS: Cast iron heads only (No vortex, 305, double hump or
closed chamber heads. Casting # (39863336), (333882), (462624),
(3932441), (3973487), (3998993), (3973493, 1.940 intake valves,
1.500 exhaust valves on all heads Chevy, Ford, Dodge. No grinding
or porting on heads. NO matching intake.
6. INTAKE Typhoon or Edelbrock 7101 Performer RPM. NOmatching,
grinding or porting on intake.
7. ROCKER ARMS: Roller Rocker arm allowed. 1.5 on Chevy;
1.6 on Ford. Numbers must be on Rocker Arms.
8. CAMSHAFT: Hydraulic cam only. (NO roller Cams)
490 lift max. with .005 tolerance.
9. CARBURETOR: 350 2 barrel stock, choke may be removed.
Must check with gauges at any time before or after race.
1” adaptor only.
10. DISTRIBUTOR: HEI stock type or MSD OK to run.
11. HEADERS may be run.
SUSPENSION and DRIVE TRAIN
1. Stock type ball joints.
2. SHOCKS: Steel shocks only. NO Rebuildable or ADJUSTABLE
SHOCKS. The (WB Series) or AFCO (FB Series) only.
Buy rule on shocks. May buy front shocks $150 or rear shocks
$150. (Front and rear $300)
3. DRIVE SHAFT: Steel only
4. FRAME HEIGHT: 4” at lowest point (Except cross members)
5. REAR END: 9” Ford allowed, Floaters allowed. Mini-spool or full
spool only. (No quick changes) NO Lockers
Jerico, Bert, Falcon, Brinnn)
7. FUEL CELL: Must be at least 10” from ground and have at least
2 1” straps around it.
8. CLUTCH: 7 1/4”, 2 or 3 disc type clutches allowed only.
WHEELS, BRAKES AND TIRES
1. 8” Steel Wheels only
2. Tires: Track Tires
Tires must be purchased from Sayre Speedway dealer and must have
Sayre seal stamped on tire.
SOAK RULE NO Soaking or altering of tire in any manner
allowed. Drivers soaking or altering tires will forfeit all purse and
points for event and all points for year. Driver must also pay a
$1,000 fine prior to racing again. Any illegal tire (decision by track
official) will be confiscated.
All protest must be handled in an orderly manner. Top end protest
$200.00. This checks for flat-top pistons, bore, stroke, ported heads, size
of valves and cam lift. To pull intake is $100.00. This checks cam lift and
ported and polished heads. $50 to pull inspection plug and see crank
Numbers and rods.
Drivers that can run this division will be at track discretion.
1. 2500 lbs after race with driver.
2.. Weight may be added for minor infractions
IF THESE RULES DO NOT STATE YOU CAN DO IT, YOU CANNOT.
This division is based on keeping this class inexpensive like the Street
Stock. Remember - Keep it cheap.
A. 20“ max 16” min. (ground to center of bumpers, front and rear)
B. 6.5 min. (center to center)
C. 52” max. 42” min.
D. Hood 4” max. drop (sides). sealed off from driver’s compartment and
max. 3” rake.
E. 42” max.
F. 6” max.
G. 4” min.
H. 19” max., must be same on both sides.
I 112” max. 105” min.
J. 27” max 22” min.
K. 72” max. or not past back of block, right side. Left side may extend
forward to cover foot box.
L. 18” max. 12” min. opening, both sides.
M. With level, must have between 1/2” and 2” clearance at rear of roof,
1/2” to 5” at front.
N. 120” max. 106” min.
O. 45” max. 34” min.
P. 5” Spoiler
Q. Interior slope is 6” max. front to rear and flat across. If flat at front
half of interior you have used up 50 % of your 6” so from behind
driver to rear you may only have 3”. Top of interior must be flush
with top of door and quarter panels. An optional escape hatch from
driver to passenger door to provide 12” opening allowed.
R. 38” max 28” min.
S. Max. no wider than front frame horns. Min.
T. 66” max. 24” min. no narrower than radiator.
U. 52” max 44” min.
V. 56” max. 41” min.
W. Tires must be widest part of car.
X. 66” max. 53” min. same front to back
Y. All rear bumpers must be constructed of square or round
tubing, no wider than five inches outside of rear frame rails and
similar to drawing. If rear bumper is wider than five inches outside
rear frame rails, it must be capped and bent forward 90 degrees, or
constructed in a loop design.