*THE INTENT AND INTERPRETATION OF THE RULES WILL BE THE DECISION OF OFFICIALS IN CHARGE. IT IS STRONGLY RECOMMENDED THAT ANY COMPETITOR THAT HAS ANY QUESTIONS OR DOUBT ABOUT THE INTERPRETATION OR
INTENT OF THE RULES CHECK WITH SPEEDWAY OFFICIALS.
CARS LEGAL FOR DIVISION
Any 4 cylinder, 2 or 4 door (4 passenger) sedan, or station wagon foreign
or domestic - between 90” and 105” wheel base.
FUEL CELL - Fuel cell REQUIRED. Must be mounted securely with 10”
(ten inch) ground clearance. ALL CARS will have a fire wall between
driver and fuel cell.
ENGINE AND DRIVE TRAIN
1. Engine must be factory stock for make and model of car in stock
2. 2000 lb. minimum after race. Mustang with stock appearing body
must weigh 2150 lbs. Mini Modified type cars with coil over type
shocks and fiber glass bodies will have to weigh 2250 lb.
4. Engine can be balanced.
5. May run after market rods
6. No lightening or knife edging cranks (can be balanced). Stock stroke.
7. Anything can be done to the head. May be ported and polished and
run any valve size. Fords may run aluminum heads.
8. Any aluminum intake with maximum of 2” from intake to carburetor.
9. May run roller cam and rockers on Fords
10. Exhaust headers optional.
11. May run single or double disc type clutches such as 10,000 RPM or
Goldstar, or Tilton with Aluminum Flywheel.
12. Stock transmission and rear ends. (Locked rear ends optional)
13. Carburetor stock 350 CFM (7448) Holley Carburetor. Must fit
gauges. May remove choke plate. No cold air boxes.
14. Battery can be located behind driver but must be covered if run
there. Must be self starting.
BODY AND APPEARANCE
1. Bodies may be fiberglass or Aluminum
May cut holes in hood for air cleaners. Must check with official
before running. Stock, firewall and floor pan (front and rear).
2. Stock size windshield. Side windows
no more than 12 inches back on each side.
3. Safe steering shaft.
4. Dash may be made with steel or aluminum. Must reach from one
side to the other side.
5. Car must be safe in all ways possible. (See General Rules)
6. Car must have neat appearance
7. Spoiler - 5” spoiler
WHEEL, TIRES, BRAKES AND SUSPENSION
1. Steel wheels. 8”
2. TIRE RULE: Track tires
Tires must be purchased from Sayre Speedway dealer and must have
Sayre seal stamped on tire
SOAK RULE NO Soaking or altering of tire in any manner allowed.
Drivers soaking or altering tires will forfeit all purse and points for
event and all points for year. Driver must also pay a $1,000 fine
prior to racing again. Any illegal tire (decision by track official) will
3. Stock brakes. Can run adjustable brake pedals
4. Stock suspension required in stock position - may be reinforced.
A-frames can be shortened or lengthened to set front-end. May run
Jack Bolts in rear.
5. Weight may be added for minor infractions
6. Heim joints legal on suspension
CLAIM & PROTEST
All protest will be handled in an orderly manner. Refer to General
Rules. You have 10 minutes to protest after the race.
THE WINNER FROM THE LAST RACE WILL START NO BETTER
THAN 9TH PLACE
Buzz cars with fuel injection may move up to mini modified if
needed. Weight starts at 2300 lbs with mini modified tires