*THE INTENT AND INTERPRETATION OF THE RULES WILL BE THE DECISION OF OFFICIALS IN CHARGE. IT IS STRONGLY RECOMMENDED THAT ANY COMPETITOR THAT HAS ANY QUESTIONS OR DOUBT ABOUT THE INTERPRETATION OR
INTENT OF THE RULES CHECK WITH SPEEDWAY OFFICIALS.
CARS LEGAL FOR DIVISION
Any 4 cylinder, 2 or 4 door (4 passenger) sedan, or station wagon foreign or domestic - between 90” and 105” wheel base.
FUEL CELL - Fuel cell REQUIRED. Must be mounted securely with 10” (ten inch) ground clearance. ALL CARS will have a fire wall between driver and fuel cell.
ENGINE AND DRIVE TRAIN
1. Engine must be factory stock for make and model of car in stock position. 100 lb. penalty for engine not stock for make of car. Must be claimed in advance or will be illegal.
2. 2000 lb. minimum after race. Weight may be added for infractions.
3. Engine can be bored max. .160 and piston may come above deck no more than .020.
4. Engine can be balanced.
5. Anything can be done to stock rods. (new bolts, stress relieved and ground on to be balanced. May run after market rods with 50” penalty
6. No lightening or knife edging cranks (can be balanced). Stock stroke.
7. Anything can be done to the head. May be ported and polished and run any valve size. Fords may run aluminum heads.
8. Any aluminum intake with maximum of 2” from intake to carburetor.
9. May run roller cam and rockers on Fords
10. Exhaust headers optional.
11. Fly wheels may be lightened to a minimum of 12 lbs. (will weigh flywheel only) (no aluminum fly wheels or pressure plates) Stock clutch and pressure plates.
12. Stock transmission and rear ends. (Locked rear ends optional)
13. Carburetor stock 350 CFM (7448) Holley Carburetor. Must fit gauges. May remove choke plate. No cold air boxes.
14. Battery can be located behind driver but must be covered if run there. Must be self starting.
BODY AND APPEARANCE
1. Full stock body. May make fenders, hood and doors out of Aluminum or steel. After market nose pieces MUST be stock appearing. AFTER MARKET BODIES - 100 LBS penalty
May cut holes in hood for air cleaners. Must check with official before running. Stock, firewall and floor pan (front and rear).
2. Stock size windshield. Side windows no more than 12 inches back on each side.
3. Safe steering shaft.
4. Dash may be made with steel or aluminum. Must reach from one side to the other side.
5. Car must be safe in all ways possible. (See General Rules)
6. Car must have neat appearance
7. Spoiler - 5” spoiler
WHEEL, TIRES, BRAKES AND SUSPENSION
1. Steel wheels. 8”
2. TIRE RULE: Track approved tires only.
Tires must be purchased from Sayre Speedway dealer and must have
Sayre seal stamped on tire
SOAK RULE No Soaking or altering of tire in any manner allowed.
Drivers soaking or altering tires will forfeit all purse and points for
event and all points for year. Driver must also pay a $1,000 fine
prior to racing again. Any illegal tire (decision by track official) will
3. Stock brakes.
4. Stock suspension required in stock position - may be reinforced. A-frames can be shortened or lengthened to set front-end. May run Jack Bolts in rear.
5. Mini Modified type cars will have to run with added weight according to their track rules in order to make competition equal. Fords with coilover type shocks 2300 lbs.
6. Weight may be added for minor infractions
7. Heim joints legal on suspension
CLAIM & PROTEST
All protest will be handled in an orderly manner. Refer to General Rules. You have 10 minutes to protest after the race.
THE WINNER FROM THE LAST RACE WILL START ON THE REAR OF THE NEXT RACE UNLESS IT IS A SPECIAL EVENT
Anyone who has won 3 Championships will have to move up to another division.
Buzz cars with fuel injection may move up to mini modified if needed. Weight starts at 2300 lbs with mini modified tires