*THE INTENT AND INTERPRETATION OF THE RULES WILL BE THE DECISION OF OFFICIALS IN CHARGE. IT IS STRONGLY RECOMMENDED THAT ANY COMPETITOR THAT HAS ANY QUESTIONS OR DOUBT ABOUT THE INTERPRETATION OR
INTENT OF THE RULES CHECK WITH SPEEDWAY OFFICIALS.
ALL DECISIONS OF THE OFFICIAL IN CHARGE SHALL BE FINAL.
1. Anything not specified in rules must be stock, in original position,
from original manufacturer.
2. American made cars 108” wheel base minimum.
3. Cars must weigh minimum 2950 lbs. with driver.
57% left side weight.
4. Weight may be added for infraction of rules to make competition
5. NO 2 way radios.
ENGINE AND DRIVE TRAIN
1. Must be factory stock for make of car. Stock stroke. Max. .060 bore.
2. Flat top or dish pistons. Solid or hydraulic flat tappet cam only. No
roller cams. May run roller rocker arms.
3. Stock cast iron heads as available from manufacturer. (NO porting
or polishing.) Chevys may run Aluminum intake. NO porting or
polishing intake. May run aftermarket heads and Angle plug heads
with 50 lb penalty. Headers may be run. Ford & Chrysler may run
4. Carburetors must be 500 cfm #4412. 1-11/16 throttle bore.
Max. 1” adaptor.
5. Battery can be located in drivers compartment if covered.
6. May run 7 1/4 disc type clutch
7. 9” Ford Floater rear end may be run
8. Must be self-starting. NO electric fuel pumps
9. Headers may be run
1. Front spindle/axle/ball joint assemblies may be reinforced, or
heavier duty unit from another passenger car installed.
NO aftermarket spindles
2. Must have stock frame. Frame may be reinforced. NO notching or
alteration to frame. Suspension type and location must remain stock.
3. May run wedge bolts. Shocks may be relocated on front and rear.
4. Uni-body frame sections may be connected as part of roll cage
construction. A-frames must be stock, may run tubular upper A
Frames. Stock Lower A Frame.
5. One shock absorber per wheel only. NO Bump stops.
NO Aluminum shocks
6. NO frame lower than 5” from the ground.
BODY AND APPEARANCE
1. Remove all glass except front windshield. May be Lexan
2. May make door and fenders out of Aluminum or steel. Must have
Steel Roof and Quarter panel.
3. Firewall, floor pan must remain stock. Hoods may be hulled or
4. Body must be stock appearing in stock position on frame.
5. Cars must have neat appearance. No lower than 5” on body
6. Car must be safe in all ways possible. (See General Rules)
WHEELS, BRAKES AND TIRES
1. Steel wheels - 8”.
2. Disc Brakes may be run.
3. TIRES:Track Tires. Tires must be purchased from Sayre
Speedway Dealer and must have Sayre seal stamped on tire.
SOAK RULE NO Soaking or altering of tire in any manner allowed.
Drivers soaking or altering tires will forfeit all purse and
points for event and all points for year. Driver must also pay a
$1,000 fine prior to racing again. Any illegal tire (decision by track
official) will be confiscated.
Starting weight - 2950 lbs
After Market body 50 lb
Motors over 360 cu. in. 50 lb.
Firewall and Floor pan not stock 50lb
Adjustable or Shrader valve shocks 100 lb.
RHS, DART, World Product Heads,
After Market Heads 50 lb
These rules apply to Stock Snout Cars
Stock Snout Cars with after market body and fabricated
firewall starting weight 3250 lbs.
5”springs, stock spindles (NO ALTERING)
9” Ford rear end 56%left side weight. Can only run the
AFCO FB series or the PRO WB series shock only.
PROTEST RULE Protest must be handled as stated in General Rules.
1. $150 to see top end of motor - (that means anything that can be
seen from top) bore, stroke, camshaft, head porting, no ported
intakes or matching gaskets. $50 to check for roller cam. This
will be done by pulling the distributor.
THE WINNER FROM LAST RACE WILL START NO BETTER THAN
* If the rules don’t say you CAN you CAN’T!